Hours and Attendance
The form can be used to report a full day absence or when your student has an appointment during the school day.
Attendance Procedures and Information
When a student is absent for any reason, the parent or guardian is required notify the school by 11a.m. Failure to notify the school by phone or with a written explanation of your child’s absence or using the form above will result in an unexcused absence.
Duluth School Board policy #5025 outlines the reasons for excused absences. They are:
- Sickness of pupil.
- Sickness in the immediate family of pupil.
- Danger of imprudent exposure to illness.
- Medical or dental treatment.
- Death in the immediate family.
- Religious/spiritual days kept sacred by the pupil when religious/spiritual services are observed only during school hours.
- Subpoenas for testimony in court or quasi-judicial hearings.
- School-sponsored activities.
- Important events requiring student participation, such as state or national contests, tournaments, concerts, or performances. To be excused, advance notification is required.
- Temporary absence from the city upon personal request of the parent/guardian provided the request was made in advance or was of an emergency nature.
- Other reasons verified by the parent/guardian and mutually acceptable to both the parent/guardian and building administration.
Why is Attendance Important?
Regular attendance is an extremely important requirement for all students. There are many reasons why good attendance is important. Here are four:
- Good attendance is a part of your permanent record and of genuine concern to any future employer.
- If you are not present for classroom activities, it is difficult to "make up" important daily activities and experiences.
- Many studies have shown that time spent on task within classes greatly increase the amount of learning that takes place.
- It is the law! Every child between seven and sixteen years of age is required to be enrolled in school.
Regular Daily Schedule
Zero Hour: 8:07 – 8:55
Period 1: 9:00 - 9:48
Period 2: 9:53 - 10:41
WIN: 10:46 - 11:16
Period 3: 11:21 – 12:09
Maroon Lunch: 12:14 – 12:44
Maroon Period 4: 12:49 - 1:37
Gold Period 4: 12:14 - 1:02
Gold Lunch: 1:07 – 1:37
Period 5: 1:42 – 2:31
Period 6: 2:36 – 3:24
AM Assembly Schedule
Zero Hour: 8:07 – 8:55
Period 1: 9:00 – 9:39
Period 2: 9:44 – 10:23
Assembly :10:28 – 11:16
Period 3 :11:21 – 12:09
Periods 4-6: Regular Schedule
PM Assembly Schedule
Periods 0-4: Regular Schedule
Assembly: 1:42 – 2:30
Period 5: 2:35 – 2:57
Period 6: 3:02 – 3:24